Last Modified: 19th May 2019
Depending on the purpose for which you are providing your personal data, for the purpose of the Data Protection Act (the ‘Act’), the data controller (or entity responsible for the data collected) will be us. Within the context of this policy ‘we’ means Thambilis and Tantrums.
Data we may collect from you
We collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Information acquired/provided through our Website.
- This includes information provided when subscribing to our services, participating in social media functions, or requesting further services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you send us personal information which identifies you via email, we may keep your email and email address. We may also collect information that is available from your browser.
- We may ask you to complete optional surveys for research purposes.
- Details of your visits to the Websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
How we use your data
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- To update and enhance our records
- To improve our Website (to ensure the content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer; we continuously strive to improve our website based on the feedback we receive from you)
- To send monthly newsletters
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, research studies and/or market research activity, or any other site feature.
Disclosure of your data
We may disclose your personal information to third parties without obtaining further consent from you including:
- Where we outsource any of our business functions under which we collect or store your data, in which case we will ensure that any such service provider adheres to at least the same obligations of security about your data as undertaken by us.
- Where we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will never sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information for marketing.
Where we store your data
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we wish to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes and request your consent to these activities.
If you wish to change your mailing preferences or opt-out of specific marketing communications sent from Thambilis and Tantrums, you may notify us via our CONTACT FORM It may take up to 21 days for the changes to come into effect. Please note that this will not alter your current email subscription preferences.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee (as amended from time to time) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you would like to request a copy of your personal data under the Act or have any other related queries, please email [email protected].
We will take reasonable steps to create an accurate record of any personal data you have submitted. However, we do not assume responsibility for confirming the ongoing accuracy of your personal data. You can update your personal data by emailing us at [email protected]. Please note that it may take up to 21 days for the changes to come into effect.
Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers and stored by the web browsers. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies on our website
THAMBILIS AND TANTRUMS use the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
– Google Analytics
THAMBILIS AND TANTRUMS have no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, limitations of liability governing the use of our website at TERMS AND CONDITIONS.